Your privacy is very important to us
When do we collect customer information?
We may collect information when you:
- Visit our web site
- Create an Sourcing Spectrum™ account
- Place orders
- Return or exchange items
- Enter contests and sweepstakes
- Respond to surveys, promotions, or other marketing communications (e.g. email)
- Request to receive our newsletters and other email updates
- Sign up to participate in our web site features or marketing programs (e.g. Sourcing Spectrum™ Members-only Program)
You can update your information and change your communication preferences at any point. For more information refer to the section, “How do you maintain your personal information and change your communication preferences?” outlined below.
Of course, you are welcome to visit our web site anonymously at any time.
What information is collected?
To support the activities outlined above, we may collect the following information:
- Your full name
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Telephone numbers
- Credit card information
- Date of birth
Gift purchases: To process gift purchases we collect information about gift recipients. However, we use this information only to fulfill orders. This information is not used for marketing purposes.
How is customer information used?
We strive to provide you the best possible service when you visit the Sourcing Spectrum™ web site and when we fill your orders. Therefore, we may collect information that allows us to do the following:
- Respond to your customer service inquiries
- Process and track your orders and other transactions
- Contact you about the status of your order
- Administer your entries in contests, promotions, surveys or other web site features
- Send you information you’ve requested including email updates, periodic newsletters and other Sourcing Spectrum™ communications
- Identify your preferences regarding products and services
- Personalize our communications with you
- Provide information about the products you’ve ordered including product recalls
- Improve our product offerings and customer service
Cookies: We use information from cookies to manage your online shopping cart and provide you more personalized visits to our web site. We also use aggregated data collected from cookies to monitor our web site traffic. To learn about cookies, please refer to the “What are cookies and how do we use them?” section below.
To “opt-out” of Sourcing Spectrum™ communications or maintain your personal information, please refer to the section, “How do you maintain your personal information and change your communication preferences?” outlined below.
How do we protect your information?
It’s our intent to protect your personal information against misuse, alteration and loss. We employ a variety of current technologies and security measures to protect your personal information:
- Your Sourcing Spectrum™ account is protected by a password defined by you.
- We maintain customer information within secured networks that are accessible only by a limited number of people who are contractually obligated to protect your personal information and are not permitted to use your information in any way other than to assist us in managing Sourcing Spectrum operations and our marketing communications. These selected people are granted appropriate levels of security and system access rights.
- Secure servers are used when you place orders and access account information.
- All sensitive information such as credit card information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We use encryption whenever we collect and send payment information such as credit care transactions.
- Your personal information can be accessed only by those limited people with appropriate security access as outlined above.
What are cookies and how do we use them?
A cookie is a small data file that is stored on your computer in your Web browser. When proper permissions are set, these small files permit web sites and their service providers to recognize individual browsers, capture information, and retain it for future use.
- Maintain information about the items you’ve placed in your Sourcing Spectrum™ shopping cart.
- Recognize you when you return to the Sourcing Spectrum™ web site.
- Pre-fill an order form with information from your Sourcing Spectrum™ account.
- Better understand your preferences based on your previous and current site activity. We use this information to provide you a personalized shopping experience and improve our services.
- Compile and evaluate aggregate data about our web site traffic and interactions with customers to provide more effective services and shopping experiences in the future.
Please note: We may contract third-party service providers to help us evaluate our web site traffic and visitors’ preferences. These providers are not permitted access to customer-specific information unless it’s necessary to help us conduct business and improve our services.
Can I turn cookies off?
You have three options when managing cookies on your computer:
1. Allow cookies to be placed on your Web browser
2. Require your computer to warn you when cookies are sent
3. Turn off all cookies
To review and maintain your cookie settings, access the Help menu in your Web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox).
Please note: If you disable cookies, you cannot access some of the features on the Sourcing Spectrum™ web site or they may not work properly (e.g. the shopping cart). In addition, disabling cookies could impact your overall experience while visiting the web site.
If you disable cookies, please contact Sourcing Spectrum™ Customer Service to place orders. To contact us, click Customer Service in the menu along the bottom of your page.
Do we disclose your information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or transfer specific customer information to outside parties without providing you advanced notice. The term, "outside parties," does not include the following:
- Our hosting partners and other third parties who assist us in operating our web site, conducting business, or serving customers. They are provided only appropriate information and are contractually obligated to maintain confidentiality as outlined above.
- We may also release customer information as appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our web site policies, or protect our or others' rights, property, or safety.
How do you maintain your personal information and change your communication preferences?
To update your personal information log into your Sourcing Spectrum™ account. If you need assistance, please contact Sourcing Spectrum™ Customer Service. To contact us, click Customer Service in the menu along the bottom of your page.
To opt-out or update your e-mail address and communications preferences, log into your Sourcing Spectrum™ account and access your email settings.
Potential delay: Although we receive your updates immediately, there may be email correspondence already in our production queue. As a result, it is possible that you may receive email after you opt-out of our marketing communications program due to our production schedule.
To remove your information from our database log into your Sourcing Spectrum™ account, then delete your shipping and billing addresses as well as your payment information.
Please note that we may retain information regarding specific sales transactions to complete orders and maintain our accounting records.
Links to other web sites: To increase the value of the Sourcing Spectrum™ web site, we may provide links on our web site to other sites to provide information that you may find of interest or to enhance the overall functionality of our web site and improve your shopping experiences. These third parties operate independently from Sourcing Spectrum™ and maintain their own policies regarding privacy and security. Therefore, we have no responsibility or liability for the content or the activities of these web sites. We recommend that you review the policies of those sites that you visit. To maintain the integrity of our own web site, we welcome your feedback about these links, especially if a link does not function properly.
Terms and Conditions: For additional information regarding the use of our web site as well as disclaimers and limitations, please visit our Terms and Conditions section.
Customer service is paramount
Thank you for your interest in Sourcing Spectrum™. We value your feedback and would be happy to answer any questions. To contact us, click Customer Service in the menu along the bottom of your page.